Hemp Hearts Ladoo – nutritious and healthy ladoo made with hemp hearts and jaggery. These ladoo are easy to make and are free of refined sugar.
Prep Time: 10 Min Total Time: 20 Minutes
- ¾ Hemp Hearts
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp powdered jaggery (according to taste)
- 3 cardamom pods
- 3-4 teaspoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon cashew pieces
- In low-medium flame, dry roast the hemp hearts in a pan for 7-10 minutes. They should very lightly change in colour. Do not make them brown. Let them cool completely.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cashew till light golden.
- Transfer the cooled hemp hearts to a blender. Add the cardamom pods and pulse the mixture few times till the hemp hearts become powder. The mixture doesn’t have to be super fine; it can be slightly coarse. Also do not blend at one stretch, if not hemp hearts will release oil.
- Transfer the ground hemp hearts to a bowl. Add the almond flour and powdered jaggery. Mix it well. Taste and check for sweetness and add accordingly.
- Add the fried cashew with the ghee. Incorporate the ghee in to the mixture. You should be mostly able to make a ladoo with it.
- To bind it well, add a little more melted ghee to the mixture.
- Take a small portion of the mixture, and make a round shaped ladoo.
Do not over grind the hemp hearts, as they will release oil.
These ladoos stay fresh for a week at room temperature and up to two weeks in the refrigerator.